Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Wolf Who Came In From the Cold


*yawn* is it really March already? My alarm-imp was supposed to wake me up after New Year's! Where is that little... oh... oh yeah. *shamed* I forgot to leave his kibble out. Poor little guy. Just a li'l scrap o' nothin' now... good night, sweet imp, and may flights of angels, yadda yadda yadda.

Well! I have been away, haven't I? O yesh. And has much changed in the Waking World since I've been gone? Mmm, not really. People still hate each other for religious reasons, the global climate continues to worsen, the mainstream media still refuses to acknowledge the primacy of the serial comma in lists of three or more words (ask me about this sometime). Why did I wake up again?

Oh yes. My dear She Mob compatriot/wrangler Sue Hutchinson, 'She Who Must Not Be Named, Oops, I Just Did, Darn', gave me the metaphorical boot to the head and said 'BLOG, DAMMIT!' And really, when put so sweetly, can a poor loup-garou such as myself do otherwise? No, indeed not.

Thusly: A new year. A new start. Another promise to be a regular blogger. In fact, let's just get those pesky New Year's Resolutions out of the way right here and now.

I RESOLVE to keep being a great thumping silly.
I RESOLVE to tell the truth as I see it, dressed in finery, or defrocked for the world to see.
I RESOLVE to help my fellow figments thrive, in the increasingly uncertain psychic/spiritual landscape of the Waking World.
I RESOLVE to eat yummy things.
I RESOLVE to fight the Good Fight.
I RESOLVE to keep ending my posts with song lyrics.
I RESOLVE to continue to serenade the Moon at the expense of my sleeping neighbors.
I RESOLVE, finally, to update these missives to the masses more frequently. And if I should not, I RESOLVE to shave myself in the pattern of a show poodle. That, Constant Reader, should scare you just as much as it does me, so maybe y'all can help keep me in line. *winks, making that hands-as-guns-pointing-at-you gesture, used too frequently by that annoying guy at the office who calls you 'Big Guy'*

I've got a great idea
I'm gonna wait right here
While everything is adding
Up up up


-- "The Great Escape", We Are Scientists

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Berry good, dahlink.
Was it hard to type after being asleep for so long? What did you dream?

Keoni Chavez said...

I dreamt that I was on an epic quest to find a magical guitar that would enable its owner to play it expertly. Imagine my surprise and chagrin, however, when I found it and couldn't play it 'cause my paws are too big!

And then I woke up to the impact of your boot on my skull! So, you know... nice one.

Queen Bee said...

LOL, anyway it's time to pull up some socks. *wink* Hello and welcome back!