Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Oh, Good Lords of Yummy Things, He's Back! WHY?


It's troo! You can't keep a good wolfie down! Not that that aphorism really has anything to do with me, but it makes for a great rallying cry, dunnit?

Before I go on, please do notice the new digs... spiffy, yah? Me rikey.

I know that some of you have been wondering what happened that fateful day at the Metreon, but I've decided that I can't talk about it. It's... it's just too painful... *choke* I may weep openly.

I realize that by saying that, I may have signed my own death warrant (Where the Down Boys go/Go!/I wanna know where the Down Boys go, baybeh!), but I just can't in good faith continue. There are a million naked stories in the City tonight, and mine is about seven of them. I do have folks to protect, you know, and if the exact details of that day were to emerge, let's just say that heads would roll. Some of them would roll into the gutter to be eaten by cats, some would roll and gather moss, some would roll up for the Magical Mystery Tour. Oh, it would be ugly.

However! Do not for one moment think that I feel no sympathy for your plight; you feel a distinct lack of closure, yes? Well, in the words of the great Professor Farnsworth: Good news, everyone! I've decided to reprint some of my short stories here, in serialized format. While I don't claim to be William Faulkner, I am proud of what I've done. Perhaps putting them up here will give me the boost I need to begin writing the novel I've been threatening the world with for over 10 years!

The Gods of Yummy Things willing, I'll also do regular posts, so as to accomodate those of you who'd rather not sift through what might be painful prose. Each piece of text will be clearly headed with the title "Fiction: Story Name Here, Part n". You'll know at a glance which posts to avoid!

Gosh, if you're very lucky, I'll even include some old artwork from the days when I used to draw! Wow, dinner and a show! Drop me a line, y'all, and let me know what you think of this. Far be it from me to force myself down anyone's throat!

At least, not twice...

I'm trying to mean that I don't care
I'm learning not to be around
I'm on my feet, I'm on the phone demanding answers
Maybe I'd better just sit down
-- "Screwed Over by Stylish Introverts", the Loud Family

2 comments:

Jacek said...

It's ok, Akela, we understand about not finishing the story. And don't worry, you haven't signed your own death warrant. (It's more like a bounty, really.)

Also, I am intrigued by this—how you say—short stories. And maybe pitchers, too? Color me periwinkle curious!

Anonymous said...

Bounty? Did someone say bounty? Oh Akela, I have a cookie for you.......mwahahahahaha